Please join us for any or all of these great events!
North Country Ministries Booth
- At the Oval (Ironman Expo area)
- Thursday, Friday & Saturday (July 22-24, 2010)
- Free face painting, balloon animals, sno cones and prayer station
- Great for kids & adults
- At the Oval
- Saturday, July 24 @ 7:30-9:30 AM
- All athletes, their families, friends, volunteers, Ironman staff & others are invited
- About 1300 people attended the breakfast in 2009
Prayer & Celebration Service
- At Lake Placid Baptist Church (2253 Saranac Ave, Lake Placid NY — corner of Saranac Ave & Victor Herbert Road
- Saturday, July 24 @ 5:30 PM
- Inspiring music, stories from Ironman athletes, special message by Pastor Derek Spain, and a prayer time for the athletes, asking God’s blessings upon them on race day & beyond
- At Prayer & Celebration Service, kids activities for ages 10 and under, in the church gym, while the prayer & celebration service is going on. And preschool/nursery care in the church nursery.
- Over 250 people attended the Prayer & Celebration Service in 2009
Other ways NCM is serving during Ironman USA Lake Placid:
Aid Station on the Bike Course
- On Rt 9N, just after you make the left-hand turn and head from Keene toward Upper Jay
- We will be serving, encouraging and praying for athletes all morning and afternoon!
- Listen for the great music as you bike through our aid station.
Aid Station on the Run Course
- On the River Road (last aid station before the turnaround)
- We will be serving, encouraging and praying for athletes all day and all night long!
- Listen for the great music as you run by our aid station!
- Some of our folks will be serving as Road Marshals during the race, protecting the athletes and spectators at busy intersections along Mirror Lake Drive near the beach, at the Cascade Lakes, on Mill Hill, and on Colden Ave.
Ironman Registration, Weights and Medical Tent set-up
- Some of our folks will be serving for multiple days, helping to register all the athletes for the race, helping to set up the medical tent, and assisting with weights and measures.
- Many of our folks will be assisting the Ironman staff, caterers and tent/tables/chairs company in setting up for the Welcome Banquet and the Awards Banquet, as well as taking up tickets as folks enter the banquets. Some of our volunteers will even be helping to set up for the Volunteers Banquet for Tuesday night as well as leading kids’ activities.
Athlete Food Tent
- Our volunteers will set up the food and refreshments inside the Athletes Food Tent at the Oval, ready to serve and show hospitality to the athletes after the race is over.
Sign-Up for Next Year’s Race
- A few of our folks will be helping to sign up the athletes for the next year’s Ironman USA in Lake Placid.