Please join us for any or all of these great events!
Race Day this year is Sunday, July 27th.
North Country Ministries Booth
- At the Oval (Ironman Expo area)
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday (July 23-26, 2014)
- Free face painting, balloon animals, sno cones and prayer station
- Great for kids & adults
Other Outreach Opportunities through our partnering churches in the ABA:
Free Pancake Breakfast
- At the Oval in Lake Placid (Ironman Expo Area)
- Saturday, July 26 @ 7:30-9:30 AM
- All athletes, their families, friends, volunteers, Ironman staff, locals, & others are invited
- About 1250 people attended the breakfast in 2012
Prayer & Celebration Service
- At Lake Placid Baptist Church (2253 Saranac Ave, Lake Placid NY — corner of Saranac Ave & Victor Herbert Road
- Saturday, July 26 @ 5:30 PM
- Inspiring music, stories from Ironman athletes, special message by Pastor Ryan Schneider, and a prayer time for the athletes, asking God’s blessings upon them on race day & beyond
- At Prayer & Celebration Service, kids activities for ages 10 and under, in the church gym, while the prayer & celebration service is going on. And preschool/nursery care in the church nursery.
- Over 300 people attended the Prayer & Celebration Service in 2010
Aid Station on the Bike Course
- On Rt 9N, just after you make the left-hand turn and head from Keene toward Upper Jay
- We will be serving, encouraging and praying for athletes all morning and afternoon!
- Listen for the great music as you bike through our aid station.
Two Aid Stations on the Run Course
- Aid Station #5 on River Road, last aid station before the Route 86 turnaround
- Aid Station #3 on River Road by the Ski Jumps on Route 73
- We will be serving, encouraging and praying for athletes all day and all night long!
- Listen for the great music as you run by our aid station!
- Some of our folks will be serving as Pointers during the race, protecting the athletes and spectators at busy intersections and areas on Colden Ave, on Rt. 73 at the Cascade Lakes, on Mill Hill, and along Mirror Lake Drive near the tennis courts.
Ironman Registration, Weights and Medical Tent set-up
- Some of our folks will be serving for multiple days, helping to register all the athletes for the race, helping to set up the medical tent, and assisting with weights and measures.
- Many of our folks will be assisting the Ironman staff, caterers and tent/tables/chairs company in setting up for the Welcome Banquet and the Awards Banquet, as well as taking up tickets as folks enter the banquets. Some of our volunteers will even be helping to set up for the Volunteers Banquet for Monday evening as well as leading kids’ activities.
Athlete Food Tent
- Our volunteers will set up the food and refreshments inside the Athletes Food Tent at the Oval, ready to serve the athletes when they complete the race.
Sign-Up for Next Year’s Race
- A few of our folks will be helping to sign up the athletes for the next year’s Ironman Lake Placid.